Monday, August 19, 2019

YELLOWSTONE NP UPPER LOOP DRIVE


                          (Sunset last night)

But first coffee! Sitting peacefully in the doorway of the Airstream sipping my coffee and watching the elk cruise through is how my day started. Jett sitting quietly behind me, hovering over my left shoulder. Anxiously waiting departure! 



We had a plan.  Load the truck with us, cameras, Jett, snacks and a lunch. Just drive the upper loop. No stops. They said it would take 2 - 3 hours. Take some notes on places to return to, to spend time at later in the week exploring. 



What actually happened ...  we stopped at at least a half a dozen places. We couldn’t help it! So gorgeous. The landscape so beautiful! It took us six and a half hours!!! After reviewing the day I have now penciled in things to do to get us through this week based on what we liked/saw today and weather forecast for the week. I won’t bore you or screw up with the names of the stops or any details from the day I’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 NOT THE PLAN

The Airstream stayed at about 52* inside last night without a heater on. With good bedding and warm jammies it’s the perfect sleeping weathe...