Sunday, August 4, 2019

SATURDAY’S FIDDLERS PICNIC



As mentioned yesterday Tim and I were to have very special visitors arrive to basecamp today. And they did! My sister JoAnn and her husband Spencer live just 45 minutes away. 



They came and spent the day with us. We had opportunity to catch up since we haven’t seen each other in almost a year and a half. The weather was perfect and we were able to enjoy a delicious BBQ, adult beverages and pot luck with everyone here. 



Late in the day, after a spectacular sunset, I was lucky enough to get a ukulele lesson from one of the lovely people who have inspired me to play. I briefly met Nancy in Albuquerque, New Mexico almost five years ago. It’s just so fascinating how life comes full circle. 



Late this evening Tim and I made our last round to all the jam sessions around the ranch. Yet another goal of mine is to be able to comfortably play among and with a group of musicians. Nancy has yet again inspired me and has (hopefully) taken me to that next level. 



Today’s quote - ‘I often think the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.’ - Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …