Thursday, August 1, 2019

CUSTER, SD to DEVILS TOWER, WYOMING




Just a reminder that you can follow us on Instagram: alice_wymer

For a summary of our adventure by pictures. 



Travel day! Tim had a very ‘close’ location to take us to today. It’s out of this world and looks to have encountered a being from another planet. I can’t believe we are in Wyoming! 



Devils Tower is a spectacular place that Mother Nature created. It was on the bucket list and is an iconic set location for the movie ‘Close Encounters of a Third Kind’. Since our internet connection is very sparse I will only post a few pictures from today. 



Tomorrow is yet another travel day for us. Farther west we will venture!



Film quote of the day - ‘If this is just nerve gas, how come I know everything in such detail? I’ve never been here before. How come I know so much?’ - Close Encounters of a Third Kind 


Elevation - 3,860’ (basecamp) 4,230’ (tower base)

Temperature - 80*

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …