Sunday, August 18, 2019

JETT HAPPENS!!!



Yup! Jett has had a field day in the Airstream today and also this evening but I’ll get to that in a bit. 



Today began our last day staying with my sister here in Montana. So we had another lazy morning. Tim added a set of Rock Tamers to the truck. All the gravel and road trash is beginning to take its toll on the front of the Airstream and we decided to put some protection in place. 



While he did that install my sister and I did yoga on her deck. It turned out to be the perfect setting. Lucky for us my yoga instructor back home, Carol,  has YouTube videos online to get me through this trip when there is no convenient studio nearby. In the mean time Jett had made busy work of our storage of plastic bags in the Airstream. Ugh. 



Afterwards we all drove a short distance to MADISON BUFFALO JUMP STATE PARK. This high limestone cliff was used by Native Americans to stampede bison over the cliff as an efficient means of mass slaughters. This was survival for them. Sad but a part of history and what they had to do. 

On our way back we decided to stop for an early dinner at Sidewinders American Grill. It was fabulous. They have over 100 draft beer taps and some pretty tasty food as well. This was a fun and delicious stop! 



Once back to my sisters we had one last beer to finalize the great week that we have spent with them. I made a quick trip out to the Airstream to find that Jett had got into the case of beer and not only chewed the cardboard case but had got a full unopened can out, jumped on the the front gaucho with it and chomped on it. She chomped on it until she punctured holes in it soaking the gaucho with beer. And chewed on one of my solar lanterns. Good times! 






She is exhausted from a hard days work! 

Tomorrow everything should be dried out and ready for a new location. As we say JETT HAPPENS! 

Today’s quote -

‘Cows run away from the storm while the buffalo charges toward it - and gets through it quicker. Whenever I’m confronted with a tough challenge, I do not prolong the torment, I become the buffalo.’ - 

Wilma Mankiller

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …