Thursday, September 5, 2019

9/5 - TETON VILLAGE / JACKSON HOLE MOUNTAIN RESORT



Today was a pretty cool day. Yoga on the Deck! Heck yeah!!! I made Tim drive me an hour and a half away to Teton Village. Once there we made our way to the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort where we rode a gondola ski lift up the mountain to a 9,090’ elevation. 



Up top ... yoga class! We both thought it would be cold up there. Nope. So glad I dressed in layers. As it turned out it was perfect for class. Maybe it could have been a few degrees cooler but with that view, there were no complaints coming from me. It was still cooler than Florida. 





This was one of the most eloquent and mindful yoga classes I have ever taken. At times I was finding it hard to focus on my practice due to the distraction of the breathtaking scenery. Wow!  





When class was over I went to find Tim. Who by the way I had paid for the yoga class for him just so that he could ride the gondola up. The plan was if anyone asked he would say he had a tummy ache and could not do class. Well I found him ... drinking a beer! So of course I had to have one and some Tim’s Chips to go along with it. Did anyone ask him about yoga? No. 





After beer we made our way down the mountain and found the Mangy Moose. Not a bad view for lunch!



This evening we found our way to the Mural Room at The Jackson Lake Lodge. This is where we decided to have a linen dinner perfectly timed with sunset. Our dinners were superb. I like trying to decide between two entrees and have the waiter recommend which one is their favorite of the two. So of course, the best decision made, was to go with the local Ruby Red Trout. Delicious! 










I know the other day I had mentioned parts of the park already closing. So in looking at the weather here in Grand Teton National Park we have had low to mid 80’s for the high temperature. With no humidity that is pretty pleasant for a Floridian. Tomorrow the high drops to 66* and in looking ahead they are predicting to have snow here on Tuesday. We depart this Saturday. 



Winter is now chasing us south. To be honest I would love to see the snow but so don’t want to be towing in it. Onward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …