Saturday, September 14, 2019

9/13 - SPRINGDALE, UTAH



Since Tim and I have extra days here in Zion National Park and can slow the roll, today was pretty boring compared to most of our days on the road. On this side of the river we are in Zion National Park. The bus (free with pass) that runs inside the park takes you to all the trail heads and important stops within Zion NP. If we cross the foot bridge, that takes us right into Springdale. The bus line outside the park (also free) just runs the length of town and back. Everything is so close. Either walking distance or a short bus ride away. Tim’s truck has not moved since we arrived here. 







So today Jett got an extra nap in and had a couple of nice long walks along the river here in the campground. Tim and I took a round-trip on the free bus (deal of the day) in town. It was fun to see what was new in town and if the places we had visited before were still around. 



Over the course of this adventure since July I have been working on several series of pictures. This particular series will be posted in different episodes throughout the rest of our adventure. It’s called THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT! (PART 1)



The rigs in this series can be unusual, homemade, out of the norm, new or old, thinking outside the box, vintage or whatever is floating their boat. I love the fact that these people are different and are making it happen. I get them and maybe wish I was more like them. 



They have inspired me as I hope I have inspired others. Just goes to show that you don’t need a massive expensive coach or even an Airstream to have fun and to have an adventure.  Our possessions can always be compared to those around us. Fifty dollars for a tent, half a million or more for a coach or somewhere in between ... make your choice. Just get out there and make it happen! Adventure awaits!!! 



Tomorrow I’ll be talking about another deal of the day, a side road trip and some local live music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …