Tuesday, September 3, 2019

9/3 - CASCADE CANYON HIKE



AMAZING!!! There are two options to get out to Cascade Canyon. Option one is to hike one mile along the edge of Jenny Lake to get to the trail head or take a paid ten minute boat ride across the lake to the trail head. We did the latter. 



The ride across the lake was cool and fun! 






The hike out was outstanding! It featured stunning views of the Teton Range, lakes and streams. Words can not describe the magnitude of natural beauty we experienced today. Along the way to the canyon we made a few stops, one at Hidden Falls and the other at Inspiration Point. 







Everything we saw was so spectacular. With every turn of the trail we saw new and different terrain. I might have to rate this one up there close to my favorite hike, The Narrows, that I took five years ago in Zion National Park. 



On our return to the boat dock Tim and I were hearing from other hikers that a moose was ahead! These animals can be deadly if threatened so we proceeded cautiously. And just like they said there he was! Grand. So majestic. Grazing along a small creek with not a care in the world. 



Today’s quote - 

'And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul' — John Muir 

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …