Monday, September 2, 2019

9/2 - LAKESHORE TRAIL



The first order of business was retrieving an update on the hurricane hanging out off the coast of Florida. That monster is wreaking havoc on the Bahamas. We will continue to monitor its path over the next few days. 



Next up ... coffee. For those wondering about our coffee makings. I prepare our coffee one of two ways. Cold brew or percolated. Cold brew is easy to make. I always have it made in the frig by using special tea cylinder strainer that fits into a mason jar. The percolated coffee is prepared on the gas stove top inside the Airstream in a vintage Corning-ware percolator. A little harder to clean but it’s sooo yummy. Tastes just like cowboy coffee!!! 



Anyway what I was getting at is with the camp store being just about a quarter of a mile away ... I treated us to ... wait for it ... STARBUCKS!!! They have a small cafe that serves Starbucks here! This is our first since leaving home! And so convenient. 



And of course Jett got in on the action! I love seeing her eyes gloss over. 



After breakfast in the Airstream , (no cookies) consisting of a chopped grilled pork chop served with perfectly scrambled eggs covered in cheese then wrapped in a fresh tortilla, we took a hike! Our hike along the Colter Bay shoreline on Jackson Lake offered us grand views of Jackson Lake and the Teton Range. Spectacular and again at a moments glance they  don’t seem real. 

I took just a few photos. Turned one to black and white. I think it gives a statement of tranquility. It’s been really interesting taking all these pictures along the way. I can’t believe that neither my phone or the Nikon haven’t exploded. What you are seeing on this blog is just a small glimpse of what we see. And by no means does our surroundings any justice. You just have to come here to see for yourself! 





Tomorrow will be quite the adventure for us. I can’t wait to tell y’all about it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …