Thursday, September 26, 2019

9/26 - YOGA, COFFEE AND A NEW TIRE!



The day was to be a good one. I had found an early morning yoga class being held in an art gallery. The walk there took eight minutes. When I walked in a nice gentleman asked ... were you at that music jam last night? Small world.  What a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing class! And to have a dog present in class was fun too. My drishti to the mountains was like no other. I’m always learning new things in taking classes with different yogis during my travels. 



Since I had walked out of the Airstream without breakfast or coffee I stopped in a Coffee Bar on my return. And who is there? The violin player from last night AND the blonde singer with the round rose colored glasses. Small world! 



After I returned to the Airstream with our coffee we got ready for our hike today. Not so fast! Tim noticed a tire on the truck that was low on air. Long story short no one in Silverton had the proper equipment nor wanted to fix it. Tim then had to put the spare on and we headed south to Durango. 



Come to find out the nail that was in the tire was right on the edge of the tread and angled to the side wall. A patch would not have worked. Next option a new tire. I was actually dreading the worry of a patch blowing more than the cost of a new tire. Our minds are at ease now. 



On our return to Silverton we noticed the aspen trees had significantly changed in color from just a few days ago. WOW!!! The sun was perfect in the sky. Kissing the mountain peaks just before sunset. Just SPECTACULAR views. I’m just in awe. This was a great ending to our ‘gotta buy a new expensive tire’ day. And it made us realize even bad days are good days! 






Tomorrow we will hopefully be able to take that hike!

Today’s quote -
‘The Earth would die if the sun stopped kissing her.’ - Hafiz More

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …