Wednesday, September 10, 2014

PALISADES FALLS

 
Today was my last full day here in Montana. We started off the day by going to the Cateye Cafe for a scrumptious breakfast. 


Then my sister took me on yet another amazing hike. This time we went to Palisades Falls in the Gallatin National Forest. The drive there was much longer than the half mile hike to get to the falls. The falls height is 80 feet and is at an elevation of 7,200 feet. Magnificent! The 11% grade paved trail there is fairly easy with a few switchbacks to the base of the falls. 


Once we wrapped up the hike we headed back into town to the Museum of the Rockies. There we explored an amazing living history farm with costumed interpreters that take you back to the 1890's. We also stopped by to say hello to BIG MIKE the Bronz T-Rex who greets you upon arrival. 



The last stop of our day was at Bridger Brewing for pizza and to sample their current taps. Yum!



I'm so sad ... Tomorrow I travel home. My last day here was amazing. My entire time here was one gorgeous adventure after another. The time has flown and I can't wait for my return to the beautiful landscape here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...