Sunday, September 14, 2014

MISS ELLIE'S . . .

 

Today we drove through Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. We traveled just a bit farther than anticipated and landed in Waskom, Texas. I must say the roads in Mississippi and Louisiana were the bumpiest that we have ever traveled with the Airstream. Let me put it this way ... the mattress was not where we left it this morning. 


While traveling through Hattiesburg we located a Starbucks! Who would have thunk it!? Then we came across Berry's in Florence. Unfortunately they were still under construction but looks like it will be a great place to stop to eat one day. I know Papa John and my mom would love to eat there one day. John went to school there in Florence. 


We eventually crossed the Mississippi River at the Louisiana state line. Our mission was to stop in Minden, LA at the Crawfish Number Two Hole for dinner. Conveniently right across the street is an RV campground. Luckily I called ahead and Two Hole is closed on Sundays. I forgot where I was . . . Oh well. This pushed us farther west through Bossier City and and Shreveport then into Texas. We have landed for the evening one mile over the state line at Miss Ellie's RV Park. At just under $25 per night with your Good Sam's Membership I'll take it because there are no ants to be seen as of yet!!!



MILES DRIVEN: 492
ELEVATION: 285 Feet
TEMPERATURE: 85*

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...