Sunday, August 8, 2021

August 7, 2021 - Colorado or Bust!!



The diverse landscape that we traveled through today to get to Colorado was unimaginable. I’m just sure some of the Star Wars series had to have been filmed nearby. And of course I realize now that I didn’t take pictures in that area. The smoke from the fires was the worst yet. The beauty of the landscape hampered by limited visibility still made for beautiful views. 



One rode we traveled had signs of ‘10 hairpin turns ahead with 8 - 12% grade’. Another road warned of no service for seventy-five miles. I think we took the bumpiest route possible. Once we made it to our final destination a good bit of items inside the Airstream were not where we left them. One exterior rivet had even popped. Tim and I will make that repair at our next stop. 





Currently the Airstream is sitting at 8,390’ in Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. There was a lovely sunset! We were going to drive farther into the park to view it from an overlook but then realized how tired we were and decided not to. At that time I had started to walk Jett when the young tent dwellers next door invited me over to their site for a good vantage point for sunset. It was beautiful and so sweet of them to ask me. 






Since we ran out of time and steam today, tomorrow we will begin exploring this amazing less traveled National Park. 

(Note: Found signal at end of day on the very end of the South Rim Road. We have no cell service at basecamp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …