Tuesday, August 24, 2021

August 22-23, 2021 - Prepping, Laundry and Jett


SUNDAY, August 22, 2021

Wow! I can’t believe how fast the day went. 



For some reason I thought we had full hook-ups here at Perry’s RV Park in Red Lodge, Montana. The sign out front even says it! Nope. Just water and electric. No problem, later in the week Tim will have to change sites and he can just dump our tank then at the dump station here. Nope … their dump station is out of order. Tim will now have to tow the Airstream into town to dump the tank at a gas station. Good times! 



On the information sheet for this RV park it says that the laundry is closed from 11am to 1pm. We assumed so that the staff can launder items from the cabins. So at 1pm I went to the office to check out the laundry room here before lugging everything up there. I needed to do laundry before my event. Nope! It is out of order too! Due to their septic system!! It so would have been nice to know. Otherwise I would have gone to the laundromat in town early this morning. Ugggh! 



Off to the laundromat we went along with Jett. We couldn’t leave her unattended for that long with her situation. But these are all good things to know, that should have been disclosed to us, prior to our arrival. And it’s really not bad to deal with these issues … it just would have saved me some time knowing and maybe due to Jett’s situation these issues could be slightly magnified on my end. I’m just a worried dog mom. 



This afternoon I was able to do some re-organizing for my welding clinic.. I needed to make sure I have everything necessary for dry camping in a hammock that’s in a tent, that’s in a hay field here in Montana. 

I did receive word late in the day that Jett has an appointment, at my friend’s veterinary clinic, at 10am tomorrow morning. Phew! What a relief to know that she will get some help soon.  

MONDAY, August 23, 2021



Yay!!! My friend Mandi, who is a vet and who owns a clinic a few miles away from where we are staying, was so accommodating and handled Jett with the best of care that anyone could give her. The staff at Beartooth Animal Hospital was top notch. Jett will be on a strong antibiotic for seven days and we should see some relief for her soon. At a ‘ruff’ guess she has lost probably 8-10 pounds and had eaten stuff off the ground that she should not have, Her weight loss was needed as she had put on a few pounds over the last six months. (not mentioning any names) No wonder she’s been barking at us. She was HANGRY!! She really, really  LOVES going to the vet and had a great time there. 



After we were done at the veterinary clinic we needed to go see the host/organizer for my welding clinic. Sherry was staying nearby and needed help hauling items from Red Lodge to the welding shop up in Absarokee. We decided it would be closer to just go straight there as opposed to heading back to camp, dropping Tim and Jett off. 





I managed to get to the hay field in Absarokee where Tim (ignore the man … it’s an all woman's event) helped me set my dome tent up in the hayfield. The spot I chose was protected on the west side by trees and it should get shade in the evening. My friend Barbara from last year was already set up in her camper. Afterwards Tim’s and I headed back to Red Lodge to eat a late lunch and grocery shop. 





Tomorrow, Tuesday, I’ll return to the hay field for the rest of the week for the Sisters on The Fly Welding Clinic!!! 🔥



Tim and Jett will stay in the Airstream in Red Lodge the rest of the week while I’m in Absarokee. As of this writing (end of day Monday) Jett seems much better. We believe the meds have already begun to kick in. What a relief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …