Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 24, 2021 - Welding Clinic: SOTF Absarokee, Montana



Here I am! Today I moved into the hay field in Absarokee, Montana! Tim and Jett will stay in the Airstream back in Red Lodge. This will be my home for the rest of the week. My accommodations consist of a domed screen room with my hammock set-up inside. Currently it’s 57* F at 11pm and the low is expected to be 46*. I’m pretty cozy in my hammock set-up and will see if I need to make any adjustments tomorrow. 


(Yup that’s what you think it is!)

Tim dropped me off right before lunch and I spent the rest of the afternoon making the final touches on Dolly Dome as she is now being called. The sisters in the advanced classes started their welding clinic today. Infinite Welding is hosting our event and that shop is just a half block from the field. The remaining sisters in the 101 and 102 welding classes will begin their clinic tomorrow. 



At last year’s event we had probably 18 ladies attend. There are ten ladies this year in the welding clinic. Seven of those were here last year and seven of us staying in the field. The others are either at Maurie’s or at local hotels. I’m the only one in a tent. Everyone else is in their vintage campers. As they rolled in, those already here greet those arriving and see if any help is needed. 



 At six this evening we had our Happy Hour at Maurie’s house. She is the founder of Sisters on The Fly and lives in a super cute western home right in the other side of the field. I’ll try to get pictures of her house this week and a wide shot of all the rigs in the field. 



Visitors through out the day come through the field! 



Tomorrow is going to a lot of fun being back in the welding shop and making some pretty cool projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …