Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July 25, 2021 - Langohr Campground



Uhhhh … wow … OMG! I’ve wanted to camp here for quite awhile. I’ve passed it at least a half dozen times on previous visits to Montana for either hiking or horse back riding. When I made this reservation I had been so disappointed. Disappointed because I was not able to get the campsite that I wanted after researching. Disappointed because this was basically the last site left for the most amount of consecutive days that our rig would fit in. Then when we pulled in a host questioned if we would fit in this site. 



Langohr Campground is located south of Bozeman, Montana in the Custer Gallatin National Forest. It takes about thirty minutes to get here from town and is completely off grid. No power hook-up. No water hook-up. And definitely no cellular service which is why you are getting this so late. As soon as we get back into town I will upload the days missed! 



So back to this campsite. First off we did fit on its drive with room to spare. Then the grassy tent area is huge! My sister JoAnn, who came to visit for a few hours after our arrival,  helped Tim and I put up our fly shade. We will need it for the afternoons once the sun gets to the west side of the Airstream. At that point we loose all shade from our main awning. Once all this was set-up basecamp was looking really good!



However I have not told you about the most exciting, most beautiful surprise about this site. Hyalite Creek! I knew our site was on the water but when we arrived you can’t see the creek. But wait … there is a path! A nice narrow lush overgrown path that leads you to …



It’s so beautiful! We have a private flat rocky beach. There is a small log dam and Jett even has an area to swim in! She enjoyed several swims today!! We might even get to fish! Tim and I sat on the beach to enjoy an adult beverage before dark. Jett got her last swim of the day in. Tim brought the binoculars down to watch a big buck and doe in an upper distant meadow. And Hyalite Reservoir is about four and a half miles deeper into the canyon. 



Our dinner consisted of chips and salsa and birthday cake my sister brought me. Than you!!! The evening could not have been any more perfect! 



She was so tired from swimming! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

D9 - 05/07/24 BISON CHIPS

It was a cold one today. High of only 48*. Outside it had gone down to 41* last night with the interior of the Airstream having gone down to...