Saturday, July 10, 2021

July 10, 2021 - North to Larchwood, IA



What a storm! In the middle of the night a major storm blew through the area we were in last night. Luckily I had just got back in from taking Jett out around 2AM and luckily we only caught the southern tip of it. The wind was so strong it rocked the Airstream for a few hours and rained so much I thought a farm dog had stolen a flip flop but discovered it had floated away during the night’s storm to the other side of Airstream and into the yard of the B&B. 



We had a late departure from the B&B. I first enjoyed my coffee in my favorite place … sitting on the floor in the open doorway of the Airstream with my feet outside on the step glancing out over the wet foggy fields. The owner was a delight to chat to. She came by and told us some of the family history with the 101 year old red brick house. Another tenant was pretty chatty as well and we enjoyed getting to know them. 





The drive to the creamery/dairy farm (another Harvest Host location) today in Iowa outside of Sioux Falls was another long day of driving in more rain for most of the day. Even had to hang at a rest stop for a bit for weather to clear some. Tonight’s farm location is very picturesque. Hopefully it will have time to dry out overnight. There was an almost two mile muddy dirt washboard road to drive to get here. The Airstream is looking good! We did arrived just in time to check out the self serve store before it closed. I purchased fresh sharp cheddar cheese, a pizza made with sour dough and cheese from the farm AND ice cream from their creamery!! Delicious!!! 



I am even more excited about tomorrow morning here on the farm. Last minute tonight I think I was able to get us on a tour of the farm in the morning. I think baby cows could be in my future!!! Moo! It should be a fun and educational experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

D9 - 05/07/24 BISON CHIPS

It was a cold one today. High of only 48*. Outside it had gone down to 41* last night with the interior of the Airstream having gone down to...