Wednesday, July 19, 2023

July 18, 2023 - FLY FISHING :-))))




Not sure how cold it got outside but when I got up This morning it was 45* inside the Airstream. It was 54* yesterday morning so I didn’t think about it possibly getting colder. I have now put the sensor outside so we will see how cold tomorrow morning is. 




Today was a first. I’m still smiling! I have fly fished a number of times previously. Both in Montana and in Colorado. Lots of hits but never a catch! Today was the day!! Not sure if it was pure luck or my new Orvis fly fishing rod and reel combo. Must be Orvis … that’s the only difference from previous outings. 




He was a Columbia River Redband Trout. He had an orange-red lateral line with heavily spotted fins, sides and tail AND distinct white tips on the lower fins. Y’all I can’t tell you how exciting this was for me. And of course I was out there by myself. Having to do all my own selfies!! LOL No one to witness other than my cell phone. This trout was small … probably 8”. Now that I look at the picture he was WAY bigger. I did a catch and release on him making sure he was revived after all the picture taking. 




Tim fished as well right after me. He landed then loss a BIG one. Got him all the way to the bank. Had his hands on him!! He didn’t have a net on him. Then he went back out with a net and caught two more! Hopefully tomorrow we can both get out at the same time … with nets! 






It was a good day!! This is why we Airstream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …