Saturday, June 10, 2017

COMING FULL CIRCLE ...




It's so hard to believe that it's been TEN years since I found and purchased the Silver Palace. I find it appropriate to send a BIG THANK YOU out to Wynn and Annie-Dear for making the decision to sell their Airstream in Florida while traveling across country ten years ago from Oregon. That's when I found it and the rest is history! 


So our first trip out ever in the Airstream was to Sebastian Inlet State Park on Florida's east coast for my birthday. After all I had to show off my birthday present I bought for myself. Sebastian was a place of fond memories from my family camping there when I was young. Way back in the 70's ... late 70's. I remember flounder fishing with my dad. When my family came their friends came as well and they always stayed at a different place up the street called Long Point, it's a county park. We never knew why they stayed there. So when Tim and I came ten years ago we decided to check the place out. As soon as we saw the park we knew why! It's a little island. Most of the sites are on the water on the intercostal. 


When my birthday came around the next year we decided to stay at Long Point. I recently couldn't remember much about that stay other than it was Father's Day weekend and we had most of the kids near us at our campsite. Playing with Roxy, our Labrador we had then. Feeding her ice all day and being very curious about the Airstream. When the weekend was over one set of parents came over to retrieve their kids and asked ... which kids are yours? None we replied. Ohhhh ... 


This memory made me chuckle and curious about what else we did on that trip. I then began the search of my written travel log that I use to do prior to this blog. In it I discovered we arrived at Long Point a day late because of a job I was working. We did kayak some, we took a local turtle walk at night to watch a sea turtle lay eggs on the beach and had to depart a day early to head straight to Miami for another job. 

Also while staying at Long Point my mom and step-dad John came to visit on my birthday. They brought Bethaney along for the ride. She is John's granddaughter who was visiting them from out of state. We celebrated with hotdogs and champagne! (but not Bethaney) Which is what we did the year prior at Sebastian. 


Here we are full coming full circle ... we are back at Long Point camping. In the best spot of course! Our site has a great beach. The girls love it! Jett and Mattie will be exhausted from all the swimming. We arrived late yesterday. This place is party central for sure. Today we will unload the kayaks and paddle board. Notice Tim's new rack ... no more plumbers rack. And we have a little event to go to at Sebastian Inlet State Park later today. 


The hot dogs and champagne have become tradition every year. No matter if we are out traveling or if the Airstream is sitting in the yard. That's what we do! The hotdogs are on board and the champagne is currently chilling for later in the week. Observation so far ... Silver Palace aka The Trailer Park Lounge has far exceeded the dreams that inspired it! 

Last nights view out the door of the full moon ... 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...