Friday, September 25, 2015

BACK AT HOME BASE . . .


Eleven o'clock AM came early. By the time we got up, took care of Jett, had coffee and breakfast and loaded everything it was time to check out of our campsite. Tim had the wheels turning on the Airstream by 10:45 AM. 


Over the years we have learned not to drive north through Tampa on I-275 on a Friday or any day for that matter. Our better route is to head south on I-275 over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge that crosses Tampa Bay from St. Pete to Palmetto. From here we can jump onto I-75 North to I-4 then home. This route supposedly takes an additional fifteen minutes. However the alternative aggravation of driving through downtown Tampa more than likely would take longer if you take into consideration - traffic, frustration, construction and accidents. 


The ride home was easy and uneventful. I'm always taking pictures of the Airstream Ranch along I-4. It's been there for years and I'm still not sure if I like it. I'm sure they all could have been rescued. LOL


We arrived home by 1 PM. By dark thirty we were completely unloaded and dealing with rain and no water at the house. We think the problem has been solved now after getting neighbors, dispatch, the police and the Town of Oaklands City Works Department Head involved after hours. Hopefully I can get some laundry done tomorrow. 


Overall Jett did better than we anticipated on her first camping trip ... even taking into consideration Day 1 of camping for her. Our next trip should bring us into the beginning of November. She will have a new friend to play with on that trip who is just a few months older than her so their energy level will be a great match. We can't wait to get back out again. Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...