Wednesday, September 23, 2015

BREAKING FREE . . .


Yup! I did it. Right when no one was looking I escaped from my corral grabbing a shoe on my way out. My mom was getting me fresh water on the other side of the Airstream. Dad was inside making coffee. As I ran out of our campsite I heard my mom say 'Did a horse just run through camp!?' That's when she spotted me across the street by the playground with one of her shoes dangling from my mouth. 


Since I was so excited but also scared I didn't go far. I'm not experienced in this escape stuff yet and really didn't know what to do so I just ran roundies through our campsite and the empty site next door. It was good fun especially when dad came out and helped pursue me. 


After all the fun was over I took a nice long nap before lunch inside my cold Airstream. Upon waking I found out my mom had gone paddleboarding without me, dad had prepped his fishing gear without me and I think something had been playing with my stuff. It kinda smelt like squirrel since I know what that tastes like from my recent hunt. I'm sure my mom told everyone about the incident that happened last week. 


By afternoon the next thing I know is my dad hung yet another one of those cocoon like contraptions in the trees. I think they took power naps in them while I was taking my afternoon snooze inside. Are they having fun without me?



Then before I knew it my people threw me in the truck and off we went to South  Pasadena just east of St. Pete Beach. They stopped at a place called Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish House and said something about it being their favorite place. Uh ... I think I've heard that before. This place looks like it hasn't changed since 1951! No dogs are allowed so dad and I stayed in the truck while mom went in and purchased what she said to be smoked Mahi-mahi, smoked salmon, smoked mullet fish spread and hot potato salad made with not only big pieces of bacon but the bacon grease as well. It sure smelled good! 



All in all I had a great day. Caused some chaos, chewed on stuff I shouldn't have and devised my first escape. I'm beginning to get the hang of this camping stuff. So far my favorite things to do are exploring new stuff, swimming in the ocean, escaping and barking at squirrels. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings . . .

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are getting some relaxing hammock time!!!!!

    Jan & Jim

    ReplyDelete

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...