Thursday, September 24, 2015

WINDING DOWN . . .


This is Alice back at the helm of the blog. Jett thinks that not only is camping hard work but being responsible for the blog is as well. As this short trip winds down Tim and I are looking forward to returning home. There are so many projects to get started on back at the home-front that the sooner we get home the better. 


Since this is our last full day here we squeezed in what we could. All except for Jett's paddleboarding. We decided to wait for fresh water access before exposure to saltwater again. Jett was still able to pick-up a few more skills like lizard chasing, sleeping, bird watching and of course nothing more exciting than waiting on the sea wall for the scary killer jumping mullets. Goodness. She is good entertainment!


Tim went out on a fishing trip in his kayak today. He caught a good half dozen trout however they were all just short of being keepers. I took my last trip out on my paddleboard alone at sunset. I paddled out to the channel just the other side of the lagoon to watch. I was hoping for the pod of dolphins to come through but I guess I missed them. The moon was already at a full rise and there were many brown pelicans and blue herons that had landed for the evening on the tiny no name island out there. As the sun set I watched a massive cruise ship leave the mouth of Tampa Bay heading out into the Gulf of Mexico. It was one of the most active yet peaceful sunsets that I have experienced in quite awhile. These are the moments I live for. Wish I had pictures to show. The sunset was gorgeous! My new phone doesn't fit in my Otter Box and I forgot to take the GoPro along. 


Tomorrow morning will be a busy one. Loading and packing all the camping stuff up to head home. I'm glad this was a short trip not far from home. As it turned out Jett did better than expected. Considering she is just five and a half months old we think she did really well. Jett still has much more to learn. Many, many more camping trips ahead of her and so much more to experience all over this beautiful country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...