Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Day In The Forest

I started off my morning yesterday with an early walk to take pictures
around the campground. WOW!!! Love the smell of a morn'n campfire.
Then Tim and I hiked out to The Ravens Rock Lookout. It's just a
little over two miles one way up the mountain. There's just one little
difference with the trails here . . . NO SWITCH BACKS. Straight up the
mountain is how it's done here.

Once we returned we had three of my cousins and one of their daughters
come to camp. We had a great afternoon catching up. Then a VW bus
showed up with some hippies in it. Singing and having a great time.
Not sure what they brought with them but it must be good. ;-) In the
evening Tim & I rode our bikes up the mountain to Coopers Rock
Lookout. BEAUTIFUL!!! The speed limit was only 30 mph but I know I was
clipping along at 40 mph on our return.

RIP dad. Miss ya . . . Love ya!!!!

Today it was only 50* outside when I woke up and 55* inside. It's a
traveling day. We plan on heading farther east from here to eventually
drive the Skyline Parkway and the Blue Ridge Parkway. These drives are
going to be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. It is so beautiful, we thank you for the pictures. Those of us stuck at home and not RV'ing, this has been a way for us to enjoy the fun and beauty you are having! anniedear C

    ReplyDelete

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...