Monday, August 7, 2023

August 6, 2023 - VAULT WITH A VIEW


Morning temperatures:

Exterior: 41*

Interior: 49*




Vault toilet that is. Of all these that I have been to in my lifetime I vote this one as having the best view. And it was clean. It’s one of a handful located in Cayton campground where we are currently staying. Now this is my vote and no one else’s. My opinion and I did not run a poll. Tim didn’t even have anything to say about it. This is way off today’s subject but I really wanted y’all to see it! 










Today we did drive to town. Just six miles back to Rico. Such a small town and to imagine that at one time it had a three block Red Light District. Now there’s barely three blocks of downtown. We strolled through town first, waiting for Enterprise Bar and Grill to open. My kinda place! You know that place! The place you walk in and feel totally comfortable and right at home. It’s over 130 years old and is the sixth oldest bar in Colorado. 






They have PBR on draft. PBR memorabilia everywhere. Even PBR drink coasters! PBR flag. PBR neon. There’s a scary game room down in the basement. Old wood floors.  Dogs running around inside. Both the front and back doors were open. They were smok’n BBQ out back. It was windy today and that ohhh sooo good BBQ smell was just blowing right through the building. This is the place!!!








Our main purpose in town was to have lunch there and a few beers! Tim had the BBQ Ribs and I had Stu’s Bacon Blue Burger with Franks Hot Sauce on it. Stu even served us our food. Yum!! 






As we were about to depart town I forgot we needed to stop at the liquor store next door for beer. They basically had all canned craft beer from all over. Then all the way in the far back cooler I spotted two 12-packs of PBR Extra! As in 6.5%!! I took these to the register and Paul, who works there/owner, said he had one more in the back. I’ll take it!! 






Jett was excited to have us back at the Airstream. We took her for a long hike up Flattop Mountain. The trail is probably for an old mine. Turned out to be a very peaceful and beautiful hike. Of course Jett lead the way the entire time. Just what we needed to walk off all that food! 










Tomorrow we will visit another town. It’s quite a bit more populated and touristy but oh so worth the amazing views. 


Bedtime temperature: 57*

Humidity: LOW … warning on our thermometer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …