Friday, August 11, 2023

August 10, 2023 - GUACAMOLE AND FISH


Temperatures:

Exterior: 48*

Interior: 54*




It was another fabulous day up here in Colorado! We drove down to Dolores for lunch. Montezuma Mexican Restaurant was very tasty and we were so excited to finally get our Mexican food fix! Tim had a #25 combo with a Chili Relleno. I got the Pork Chile Verde Burrito in Green Sauce. And we shared an order of guacamole to have with our chips and salsa. Soooo good!!! 






While in town we made quick stops at Docs Outfitters and Sporting Goods to get more fly fishing lures, tapered leaders and I needed another stringer. Then I went across the street to checkout an antique store while Tim went to fuel the truck. And our last stop was the expensive small grocery store to get ONLY the most important things we needed. 






Wouldn’t ya know they don’t sell those k-cups for Kuerigs up here. It’s okay! I have two other means of making coffee!! So Folgers ground coffee it is. 




Late in the afternoon I went fishing. I caught one! I’m almost embarrassed about how I got him. I walked to my fishing spot down river.  Unhooked my fly. Applied fishing floatant to it. Let the fly dangle in the water. Angled the tip of my rod down so that I could pull line off the reel. Realized I had already got the fly stuck on something before I even cast …. WAIT … WHAT … a beautiful rainbow trout was on my line! No kidding!! I was so excited and embarrassed all at the same time!! A catch is a catch! LOL




It took me a few minutes to get him unhooked. I couldn’t get a good picture because I was by myself. I needed to keep him in the water since he would be released. Fun fishing story and great way to end the day! 


Bedtime temperatures:

Exterior: 64*

Interior: 70*

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …