Thursday, December 27, 2012

OPERATOR ERROR ...


Wednesday at camp was quiet. Tim had to go to work and I just hung out here at Lake Louisa State Park. My mom, John and Aunt Martha were still here for good entertainment ... I mean company. And of course while Tim was gone a lot went wrong at my camp. 

First I tried to turn on the TV to get the stations programmed. The only stations I could get tuned in were the Religious stations and Spanish stations or Spanish/Religious stations. So my next step was to get out the weather station since I couldn't get a local TV station to monitor the weather with the big storm and weather front coming through. Well the test button didn't work nor could I get any weather feed from it. 

With those two failures I figured I could at least watch a movie. I plugged in 'The Long, Long Trailer'. A 1954 Technicolor movie staring Lucille Ball & Desi Arnez. It's about a couple who are on their honeymoon in a forty foot three ton trailer traveling about. It seemed like every incident that the young couple happened into ... Tim and I had a similar story. 

Once the movie finished I was going to plug in another old film. Uh ... not so much. Now  'The Long, Long Trailer' was stuck in the DVD player in the wall and would not eject. Rrrrrgh! Among other things the wardrobe latch malfunctioned and then my portable DVD player wouldn't show a picture I only had the audio. Anyway .. I did wind up having a nice dinner at my mother's camp. My mom's dog Stella hung out with us as well. Then they all came over to my camp and gave me an A+ on my campfire that I built. I was so glad something went right without Tim being present. 

Tim arrived back at camp this morning from his 24-hour shift at work and I told him everything that went wrong. And of course it was pointed out to me that every single issue was due to ... OPERATOR ERROR!!!


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...