Friday, December 28, 2012

DAY OF DEPARTURE ...


Tim and I spent a quiet day at camp yesterday ... Cleaning and sorting for our departure today. We also took a nice long walk in the campground and by a few of the lakes. Our last night camping here was great! We had more guests arrive just for the evening. Tim's friend Bubba and his son Matthew stopped by. Also Connie & Jon, friends I work with, came out. They attended the December Camping trip with us at Rainbow Springs a few weeks ago.  Not knowing we would have dinner guests I had been preparing an experimental dinner in the crock pot all day .... A Low Country Boil. Normally we would do this outside, in under an hour, with a huge boiling pot of water on a massive propane  burner. 

Yesterday I decided to see how this would work in the crock pot and having it cook all day. The process and ingredients were the same ... Just the timings were different. You just start with the potatoes first then throughout the day add the additional ingredients so that everything is cooked by the time you want to eat. The process was a success and enjoyed by everyone. Our campfire was so warm and toasty. Tim always does a great job on the campfire. We all had a good time and can't wait to get together again. 

This morning it was very foggy and oh so damp out. We slowed the roll getting out while we tried to get things dry. I'm guessing we made it home by 12:30. I towed the Airstream home. Towing is not so much of a problem for me. I've towed through Atlanta in a thunder storm but when it comes to backing up ... I just don't get it. So I left the Airstream half jack knifed in the front yard and Tim gently backed it the rest of the way into the back yard. We leave again in five days for our annual trip to Santa Rosa Beach for the Can Opener. I'm guessing the event is close to having eighty Airstreams attending. So stay tuned the back 'em up saga will continue. 


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...