Wednesday, December 26, 2012

CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE ...



The vision I had had all my life of roasting chestnuts on an open fire and my first efforts of doing so ... were so far apart. Actually it was a complete disaster. I did Google what the procedure was before we left the house. I thought  I remembered what to do. So instead of nice yummy warm roasted chestnuts ... We wound up with what looked like glowing red ping pong balls in a pan. Oh and they could have been flaming at one point. Tim did exactly as I told him. He questioned me the whole way. Camp-Run-A-Muck it is!

Once the glowing hot lumps had cooled my nephew, Stephen, tried to pick one up and it just disintegrated between his fingers. Then Tim decided to Google the procedure on his cell ... Uh I left out a few steps.  Oh my ... Embarrassing!!! I hope I made up for it by bringing out all the makings of s'mores. In the end we all had a good laugh and we made a few memories to talk about for years to come. 

Tim and I will be here until the end of the week. We had visitors throughout the day yesterday. My niece Sandy and her husband Richie were here for most of the day. My brother Robbie and his son Brandon, who ate some of my crickets, came by. Then we also had my nephew Stephen who camped in a tent on our site and he had his girlfriend Leila come by.  My Mother her husband John and my Aunt Martha who are camping a few sites over are here. We had a great big casual breakfast yesterday ... Big Al's Famous Waffles (plain & brownie), biscuits & gravy (by Richie) and pigs-in-a-blanket (thanks, Mom) and chocolate covered cherries soaked in vodka (yum ... Aunt Martha) and mamosas AND a wonderful new Christmas tradition has been found!

Happy Holidays everyone!


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...