Wednesday, April 6, 2016

AND WE ARE ROLLING!



While the guys were out hiking the Appalachian Trail I was able to tackle a few things I wanted to do. I got some reading in but not as much as I wanted. Did some hiking with Jett. I watched the LONG, LONG TRAILER three times. And I got some of my own hammock time in. There were two perfectly placed trees right behind the Airstream on the edge of the creek. The view and sounds from there were spectacular and tranquil. 


One thing I did discover while there was the new Ingels Grocery store in Blairsville. I've been in them before. But never have I been in one this nice. I always brag on our local Publix because they rock. However if this place comes to town look out. 




Tim and Alan are now anxious to get home. They need to finish their notes from their adventure. They will be unpacking backpacks and figuring out again what is essential. What did they use or not? What did they eat or not. What do they still need to purchase? I did a little photo comparison along their way. What I like best is that they are still smiling in the end. 

TWO DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE

MORNING OF DEPARTURE AT SPRINGER MNT. SUMMIT 

DAY OF DEPARTURE FROM BASE OF SPRINGER MNT. 

FOUR DAYS INTO HIKE UNDER SHOE TREE AT NEELS GAP

I'll need to tweak Tim's food. I sent him with too much he says. I spent months gathering all the supplies for his meals. My thought was that I'd rather send him off knowing what ingredients were in his food and cut back on the processed food as much as possible. Freeze dried items played a big role in each of his meals. I'd rather it be too much than not enough. Ounces equals pounds!



With Tim and Alan having come off the trail a few days early and with my terrible upper respiratory infection we've decided head home early today. I'll be off to the doctor first thing in the morning. Tim and I will be idle for the next three weeks then we are off again. 


The next adventure takes us to some new locations and one location we have visited in the past. All of the next adventure will be a bit touristy, water oriented and along the eastern coasts of Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...