Monday, April 4, 2016

LANCE CREEK TO NEELS GAP



NOTES FROM BASE CAMP


Jett looks so peaceful and cuddly when she sleeps. Which is how I left her when I went to get my shower Sunday night . On my return she had read an entire cookbook. 


NOTES FROM THE TRAIL


Upon departing Gooch Mountain Shelter Sunday morning at 2,789' Tim and Alan continued in elevation gain. Passing Liss Gap at 3,052', Ramrock Mountain at 3,222', Suches at 2,824' to finally reach Lance Creek at 2,865'. Blood Mountain is still on the horizon at 4,459'. 


Monday around 1pm they summited Blood Mountain. From there it's just downhill to Mountain Crossings. Tim was able to get a call out to me from there at which point I loaded Jett up in the truck and off we went. Around 2:45 they landed in Neels Gap at Mountain Crossings. 


Jett and I were able to meet more Thru-Hikers while we waited for their arrival. Handing out water and Cokes to take up time. And then we saw them cross the road coming toward us. Jett was very excited to see the boys. I got a few stills and one hiker filmed their long awaited meeting. The hiker is going to try to email me the video. Jett really missed the boys!


This will conclude their hike for this trip on the A.T. We will be here a few more days at base camp. I see more Trail Magic in our future for tomorrow and I hope to compile a few stories from them and get a few more pictures from their adventure as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...