Friday, October 3, 2014

BREAKING BAD . . .

Our Current Location on Rt. 66 in ABQ

Right here in Albuquerque the AMC series BREAKING BAD was filmed. The series finished filming its 5th season and final episode last year. BReaking BAd was nominated for a multitude of awards and won many including Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG and WGA's just to name a few.

 Our campsite at Enchanted ... notice we have shade!

A few months ago I began watching the series. By the time we departed for this adventure I had just began watching the third season. It is so good and I can't wait to finish watching the entire series when we return home. Everyone tells me is just gets better. As most of you know I work in the biz and am so not the person to go in search of this sort of thing BUT I did. I became one of ... uh ... THOSE PEOPLE that I see when I am on set working ... a crazy tourist gawking! Poor Tim has not watched a single episode and entertained me by chauffeuring me around Albuquerque to see a couple of the filming locations.

The A1 Car Wash

                                           Tim and I at the Car Wash where Walt worked!

Dog House
                                            (Character Jesse Pinkman's occasional hangout)

After Tim finished taking me on this crazy chase of film locations we needed a place to eat lunch. Prior to leaving the Airstream at Enchanted RV Resort we had done some research on where to eat but after our wild goose chases we kinda forgot which restaurants were where and where we were. So we looked at our smart cell phone devices and landed at El Modelo. El Modelo is not a filming location for BReaking BAd but should have been. It was an interesting place and located in an industrial commerce area. I just knew Lee Garmanita was taking us on a crazy run to no where but she was right. The entire place was filled with locals ... we so looked out of place. El Modelo's sells no beer, has no inside seating, no public restrooms and is pretty much take out only. Everything is made on site - even the bread, tortillas, chips, guac ... everything. Outside on the edge of the parking lot are a few picnic tables to sit at. This style of Mexican food was different than what we are use to. Tim and I will try a few other Mexican style places to make a comparison.




Afterwards I remembered a local brewery that might be nearby that made some BReaking BAd themed beers. So we made a quick stop at the Marble Brewery to wash down the food we just ate. Also I hear that even though this was not a filming location for BReaking BAd it was indeed a hangout for the cast and crew while they were in production.

This was pretty much our day. I hope not too boring for those who are not BReaking BAd fans. Tomorrow we will be loading into our location on the ABQ Balloon Fiesta Field and should be ready for the Saturday morning opening ceremony of the Fiesta!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of BReaking BAd!!!! I will have to look it up to see what you are talking about! LOL Still having fun!!!! Good for you both!!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...