Thursday, May 29, 2014

HERE FISHY, FISHY . . .


Wednesday was a day of firsts. This was my first time fishing out of my kayak. Tim has fished several times before from his kayak. And it was my fist time catching trout. Fishing out of a kayak has its challenges . . . dealing with a paddle, current, wind, camera, fishing pole and other items while keeping out of active boat channels and trying to keep everything in or attached to the kayak. 



LOOK CLOSE . . . YOU CAN SEE MY TROUT IN THE WATER RIGHT IN FRONT OF TIM

BIG BLUE HERON TRYING TO GET MY TROUT!

It turned out to be a fantastic day kayaking & fishing on the water. Here I thought we had only been out a few hours. Once we got back to shore I was a little hungry, looked at the time and here we had been out five and a half hours. Tim and I caught many spotted sea trout over the course of the day but only one was a keeper . . . one that I had caught. Dinner was very tasty and I was tickled that I had provided it. The fish doesn't get any fresher than this . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...