Sunday, February 24, 2013

UNPACK JUST TO REPACK . . .


The day flew. After our catered breakfast of biscuits and gravy Sunday we got caught up telling everyone goodbye. Eventually we pulled out by 10 AM. But not before Roxy tried to escape to the pasture ... once wrangled she pouted and just stared at the pasture. Then the wild but extra tame turkey showed up at our site. This adorable turkey had been following people around all weekend. It would pick a person. Follow them and if they stopped it would lay down and put its head on their foot ... Until the next person came by. If you petted it, it would nearly fall asleep. We had to put Roxy in the truck because the turkey didn't like her. Awww ...

Eventually we arrived home prior to 11:30 AM just in time for the down pour. It's not the best situation but I was on a deadline to depart again so rain or no rain I had to push forward. I unpacked just my clothes from the Airstream, washed a load of clothes and then re-packed for my trip to Jacksonville. I'm working there Monday and had to get on the road and get past Daytona prior to the end of the Daytona 500. I barely made it ... As I passed the exit the cars were on lap ten. Phewwww!!! That was close. I have safely made it to my destination in Jacksonville and hope for a good nights sleep. 

Tim and I are planning to get out again next month. If the stars don't align then we won't have our next adventure until late May. Until then . . . 


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...