Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING . . .


Today we planned on having nothing on our schedule. Most of the day was spent tinkering with little things on the Airstream & socializing with those already here. Tim worked on making a new free standing awning leg.  And since our last trip we changed a few more interior items. The roller shades had started to show wear and just were not working the best anymore. I replaced the ones by the dinette and the one upfront by the couch with black roller shades. Then the roller shade over the sink I replaced with a custom silver aluminum mini-blind. Once we landed at Sertoma all of these needed adjustments and tweaking of some sort. Now that they have been replaced we wish that they  had been done sooner. They look really nice. 

Still needing replacement are the side roller shades in the rear bedroom. My idea in there will be different than the rest of the window treatments and I hope it works out. More on that later in the year. Then I still need to finish the new dinette cushions. We've never been pleased with what it came with. The current/original ones are showing wear after nine years. I've already had custom foam cut and ohhhh do they fit good. The next step is to buy the upholstery fabric. I found one the perfect color but at $37 a yard ... Ouch! So I'm still searching. 

Our ranger stint was short lived. Mr. Ranger arrived back to the ranch by early afternoon. But just in case ... I was all prepared to show some authority thanks to my mother who emailed me a picture of an Oakland - Park Ranger Badge. She said I could just flash the picture on my phone if anyone questioned me. LOL

Head 'em up and move 'em out,... git along little dogies. We all had a great ending to the day. Especially Roxy. At sunset she got to meet eight baby calves. She was so excited walking over to meet them I could barely hold her back. This was her first meet & greet with cows or any animal of that size. They would each moo at her and sniff & touch noses through the fence. Rox was so cute. The cows were way more curious about her than Tim or I. We eventually  had to pull her away to get back to camp before dark where we enjoyed a nice campfire for the rest of the evening. Roxy then spent her evening staring into the dark toward the pasture hoping for a glimpse of her new found moo-moo friends. 


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...