Friday, April 17, 2015

LITTLE BEAR RETREAT . . .



Friday, April 17, 2015

Phase three begins! Tim and I are at Little Bear Cabin in Cherry Log, Georgia. We absolutely love this place. It's the perfect location to rest and recoup from the last three days. Nestled up here in the mountains between Blue Ridge and Elijay this place in a secret hideaway that I'm glad I found. 


Damaged ourselves we have. The day after our ascent up LeConte Mountain barely a sore muscle to be had. Now we are in pain. If I was crossing a road and a garbage truck came, he would have to make a choice because I would not be able to do anything. I'm guessing we did what equates to 14,000 steps/lunges on a downhill incline yesterday. This is what fun feels like!


I just read a LeConte Lodge blog post from The Hip Guy . . . Eric. He is ok. Turned out to be just a dislocated hip. Sigh of relief. 


So glad that we have a few nights here to recover. This morning we slept in. Had breakfast at lunch and then drove into Blue Ridge for an early dinner. 



We landed at the Blue Ridge Brewery. Seems to be about a block off Main Street in the historic downtown area and mostly a local hangout. The food was fabulous. Tim had a mushroom ravioli and I had the lightly sautéed trout with almond butter. Scrumptious!!!


Tim and I wanted to return to Little Bear early to enjoy the outside wood fireplace. Then we had a surprise visitor, Leo. At best guess he lives up the mountain a bit. Leo hung outside with us until almost 10 pm. Hopefully he will return tomorrow for a visit. I don't think this was his first time visiting guests up here at Little Bear!



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...