Saturday, September 21, 2024

D146 - 09/21/24 NOT ALWAYS AS PLANNED






























This morning was cold everyone! Thought it would get down to the low 40’s. Woke up to 36*F. We are up in elevation and being on the river it does tend to get colder here. Not complaining about today. Who could in this gorgeous setting?


It didn’t take long to get the Airstream warmed. We usually use a small electric heater when we have power to save the cost of using propane. But this morning we used the onboard propane heater along with the electric portable heater just until the chill was gone. Then we used just the electric heater and by mid-day it was turned off as well. The high was only 56* today!


Today became a chill day. We have had a number of consecutive just driving days recently so it was good to not go anywhere. I did walk across the bridge to the office early this morning. My mission was to get in on the fresh cinnamon rolls. The office opens at 9am. I arrived at 8:50 am. The line was already long because this was the last Saturday of the season that they were doing the cinnamon rolls. And just my luck when it got to three people ahead of me they … SOLD OUT! Noooo. 


Next it took me four tries to get available washers to wash two loads of clothes. It got to the point that I would cross over the bridge to the laundry and if it was available I would text Tim to bring me the laundry. Otherwise I was carrying it back and forth. Then as he was bringing me the clothes the cleaning company goes in and washes the floor! Noooo. My next trip … the washers were full again but I just sat until I got available washers. I was not going to drag the clothes back to the Airstream. It’s end of season and most of the guests here want to get their wash done before heading home. 


Throughout the day we were getting rain and hail. So we were having to dodge that. It was small hail thankfully. And there could have even been some slush at one point. There was actually snow just north of us today. 


Tim and I were able to finish those two loads of laundry. Get some budget and bills sorted. Take Jett on a few short hikes in the park. Monitor leaf peeping. Got some inspiration to paint rocks! Got some delicious soft serve ice cream this afternoon from the office. Fixed and took care of a few needed repairs around the Airstream and I actually made effort to put out a table cloth and a few lights. Since we will be here a few days it made sense to put a few roots out. 


Tomorrow could be more of the same. We are not in a hurry to go explore as we know the area well. We will need to continue to monitor the weather for any pink stuff on radar. 


Sunset: 7:10 pm

Sunrise:  7:00 am 


Wildlife viewings:

Squirrels

Stellar’s Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

D165 - 10/10/24 MILTON YOU WERE BAD!

Home! We have made it home!! Three long days of driving to arrive after the storm.  There is much for us to assess in the morning. We arrive...