Sunday, March 10, 2019

BOOT CAMP 2019 - DAY 2




Time is flying! So much so that I neglected to tell you that Tim and I made our first ever visit to an IN-N-OUT BURGER. It was good! But not a ‘I have to write home’about it good. It’s definitely better than McDonalds and other similar fast food establishments. However what I was most impressed with was the volume of people served, volume of employees working, speed of service and hospitality considering. It was a great place to people watch. 




With another full day of sessions we had a lot of ground to cover. In order to catch everything it meant we would need to split up. While I hit Design Concepts and Project Planning then Cabinet Making, Tim sat in on Plumbing Repair and Replacing and then 12 Volt Electrical, Lighting and Charging. I went into my sessions focused on what can I learn to apply to our 1948 Airstream Liner and came out with ideas and changes for all three of our caravans. 









Once lunch came around we were able to meet-up to compare notes and see how we would proceed for the afternoon. We decided to split up again with me attending Exterior Paint and Prep while Tim attended Add or Update a Bathroom. The last session of the day ended with us both meeting up together for Appliance Restoration. During the last session we were able to get a few ideas and connections to hopefully resolve our range knob issue. 







Again we are on information overload. I can’t get home quick enough to begin research and to make progress on what I can. The next 36 hours will fly quicker than we can blink an eye. We only have tomorrow morning to wrap up Boot Camp and move on with the last half of this amazing journey. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

D9 - 05/07/24 BISON CHIPS

It was a cold one today. High of only 48*. Outside it had gone down to 41* last night with the interior of the Airstream having gone down to...