Sunday, November 5, 2017

WIMBERLEY WAY ...

Today was a very long day. We accomplished so much and part of today was yet another reason for this amazing trip to Texas that we otherwise would never visit. 



First on our agenda was a stop at Uwe’s Bakery and Deli. Super delicious! Bill and Candy took us here for breakfast and to get some bread. Tim and I purchased some bacon cheese pretzel bread. Yum! This little German deli is a gem. 



After a quick stop at the local farmers market we made another pit stop at the local meat market. This is a true meat market where they make all their sausages and brauts. I have never seen so much bacon in my life. And all of the meats drying out in the open. 



The stop of the day was to another couples home near Wimberly. Pat and Linda we believe we met as well a few years back in Ohio. What makes this visit so special is that they just finished restoring a 1948 Airstream Liner like ours. 



This trailer and couple are such an incredible inspiration for us. Not only did we get to take a ton of pictures as the trailer stands now but Pat gave us a thumb drive of pictures he took during his build and plans from his new frame he built for it. This is going to be a really big help and time saver for us. 



They also have a whale tale! It’s a 1954 Airstream. This was another gorgeous trailer. After checking out all the Airstreams we all had an amazing dinner there with everyone. The girls even came with us. And that’s when it happened. I went outside after dinner to check on the girls who we left outside cabled to a tree. As I approached I couldn’t see Mattie. And there on the ground laid her empty harness and she was nowhere to be found. I began screaming her name and giving her whistle call. Nothing. We are out in the boonies! There are deer everywhere. More deer than squirrels! Mattie is a serious hunter. Just when I was about to go get help from everyone inside, who I don’t know how they didn’t hear me screaming, here comes Mattie leaping up over the embankment from the dry river below. Mattie was so out of breath and so excited. She so wanted to tell me about her adventure. Now that I knew she was safe I could only hope she was able to have chased that big buck that kept coming up. I realize that the whistle call I taught both her and Jett to come to got her safely back to me and that has been the most important thing I have ever taught her. 



Last stop and a super huge gas station was my first visit to Buc-ee’s! Wow ... crazy place. And the inside was on steroids too. And if you think all the gas pumps are insane it’s worth a stop just to go inside to see the bathrooms as well. Everything is bigger in Texas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...