Sunday, June 1, 2014

A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT . . .


Come late Saturday afternoon we had a nice thunderstorm pass through. Most of the storms during the week had passed around us. Lucky for us we traveled light on this trip and had just finished loading the kayaks & board onto the truck. During the storm we decided that we like the deck that Tim built more & more. If we had a rug down it would have been washed away out in the ocean and a muddy mess. Also during the storm my flip flops got washed away ... I'm glad they got hung on a tree root and didn't go far. LOL



At the worst point of the storm we could not see past the channel markers above and could hear a ship sounding off its foghorn blast sequence as it passed under the Tampa Sunshine Skyway Bridge that is nearby. 



Prior to the storm arriving I was able to take a nice long paddle on my paddleboard. I still have a few rigs to get for the GoPro so that I can keep that camera a little more secure than what I'm currently doing. It was a great afternoon and we can't wait to get back on the water somewhere. There is a nest across from us of Yellow-crowned Night-herons. As best I can tell there are three baby chics. During the day I watch as which ever parent was in the nest either continuously sheltering the chics from the sun or keeping them dry during the storm. I was able to catch one of the shift changes between the parents and saw the feeding that then persued. Wish I had my long lens to get a decent picture of the nest.

In the campground I found a few other varieties of Hawaiian Hibuscus Trees . . .


And the best sunset so far . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...