Monday, May 13, 2013

THE REVEAL . . .



 OLD ORIGINAL FADED DINETTE CUSHIONS


YES!!! I finished the dinette cushions last week. First I had to find and order the new foam cushions.  I thought I would do this but then after deciding to get the bottom cushions length cut on a radius to fit the curve of the bench . . . I decided to let a professional take care of that. Getting the total overall measurements and perfect radius cuts were very important. This was done back in March. I only had a few pictures of what is currently done in the new models to go by. The foam I ordered online thru a custom cut business. Once I knew what I wanted I drew a layout with measurements and mailed them all the radius templates that I made. They did a fantastic job and my end results were way cheaper than trying to get this done through the factory or a local professional. Then the big deal was finding a good quality upholstery fabric that both Tim and I agreed on. However the biggest obstacle to overcome was to actually sew the material but I did it. The finished cushions are so nice!!! With just the few interior changes that have recently been done I don't feel like I'm in my Airstream.

I will be at the Airstream factory in a few weeks. Knowing the time, effort, hard work and skill I have put into this Airstream interior I'm sure I will need to keep this all quiet while there. Airstream will be knocking at the door wanting to hire me . . . I just know it. LOL

                                                                                   NEW FOAM WRAPPED IN DACRON

 NEW FINISHED DINETTE CUSHIONS

Tim and I still have a few things to get done prior to our departure. We plan on departing around the beginning of next week. We will take a few extra days getting to Ohio and hope to arrive in the Terra Port at the Airstream factory by the Memorial Day weekend. That's when all the fun will begin to get the field prepped for ALUMAPALOOZA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...