Friday, September 7, 2012

ISLAND TIME . . .



As you all know Tim and I travel quite often to the Florida Keys and we will be heading there again soon. As usual we tend to do some of the same things. However over the last five years since we've had the Airstream (yes, it's been that long) a few things have changed like we can't take our off shore boat ... we only have one tow vehicle ... so we haul our kayaks down instead and we are now staying at different locations than before. The last five years of going to the Florida Keys have been the best of the last twenty-five years going there. Like I have said in the past ... My Airstream has far exceeded the dreams that have inspired it. 



This year will be no different so to speak. My mother, Phyllis, and her husband John will be joining us for the first seven days with their travel trailer then Tim and I will be down there on our own. M&J, as I call them, have been down there with us several times prior. We always have  a good time when camping together. There are a few things planned but for the most part we will be just hanging out and relaxing at the Airstream. So instead of boring everyone with the same 'we kayaked toady' ... 'we went to a bar today' ... 'we did nothing today' ... I will be posting just pictures of the day that I have taken along with lyrics from a Jimmy Buffett song. Hopefully letting the pictures tell the story. Please read all the lyrics. Those familiar with his music will discover that you don't know all the words and those who are not will realize that Jimmy Buffett can teach us all a few lessons in life.

I'm not sure how it will work out. I have a few good ideas that I hope will work and for the rest of my posts to the blog I will just be wing'n it. So sit back and enjoy our 'Floridays' over the next few weeks. 

         Dry fitting my new Bimini for my kayak. 
                                                      Washing the Airstream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...