Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ATLANTA!



I know. I know. We have said numerous times in the past ... 'Never again will we ever tow through that city.' And somehow there we were approaching Atlanta. I checked an app on my tele and it showed both I-75 and the bypass with free-flowing traffic. So we held on tight and took I-75 straight through downtown ... We made it. Easily. No traffic. Piece of cake. Phewwwww!!!

Our day consisted of another six hour drive north through  Tennessee to London, Kentucky. We have stopped at Levi Jackson State Park in the Daniel Boone National Forest for the evening. Last year on our return home we stayed here. It's not the best park but just knowing we can get in and out without unhooking goes along way for a quick overnight stay. Oh and I'm sure the Starbucks at the exit helps as well. At least I'm in for a good coffee in the morning. Flying J's coffee is for the birds. No pun intended. The section and site we are in this year is way better than last year and I might just upgrade that star rating now. We enjoyed a really nice campfire even with all the kids in camp running around having a great time. 

For those who have been  inquiring about Roxy. She seems to be walking so much better today. Sometimes I think she is like a little kid ... Knowing if they are sick or hurt  ... more attention is to be had. 

Tomorrow we have yet another leg of our journey continuing to head north. We hope to land at the Mothership (Airstream factory) and get a nice spot in the Terra Port. Stay tuned ...


--

Safe Travels~

ALICE WYMER

(Aye chihuahua!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...