Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HOME, SWEET HOME . . .




ALYS BEACH TWO STORY CABANA


ALYS BEACH POOL ENTRANCE


ALYS BEACH POOL


DRIFTWOOD HORSE @ ALYS BEACH

We arrived home safe and late last night. The drive was long and uneventful. Roxy has spent the day relaxing. Tim is back on shift at the fire station today and I have spent the day unloading and cleaning. This trip was so much fun. We enjoyed seeing our old friends and meeting new ones. Jojo, I cant wait to see you again, Ohio baby!!! I'll see you there my Canadian friend.

One place I did not talk about was a place called Alys Beach. Located east of Santa Rosa Beach and east of Seaside. It's a very new community built and based on New Urbanism. This community is based on the principals of the placement of amenities in and around homes to promote walking, talking, and a sense of connectedness. The pictures above I took at Alys Beach. Not a sole was present. I have to say it's one of the most bizarre places I have ever visited . . .


If you have a minute click the link above to check out the website for this community. Browse the gallery of pictures and real estate links. Yowwwzza!!!

I have included the links below to some of the pictures I took over this trip. One link is from St. George Island State Park and the other is from our time at Topsail Hill State Park.




Enjoy the pictures. Next month we will be traveling all the way to Brooksville, Florida for The 92nd Winter Convention of The Tin Can Tourists. Now it's time to detox and diet!!!

Until then . . . CHEERS!!!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pictures- alys beach is amazing. love your blog!

    -dleatherwood

    ReplyDelete

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...