Friday, November 11, 2011

TACKY TIKI PARTY



Once we recovered from breakfast yesterday we got ready to attend the Tacky Tiki Party. Little did we know that there were contests involved and I won 3rd place in the ladies costume contest. Since there are no signed photo releases and since minors may view this. . . this is all you get . . .


I could have won the hula hoop contest as well but didn't enter because I had already won one contest and didn't want anyone to think I was hustling since it was for amateurs only. Plus I didn't bring my personal/professional hula hoop. Someone should have told me!!!


After the party we returned back to our camp site for another evening camp fire under a full moon. This morning was our early breakfast at Haney's just up the road. This gathering was one of our scheduled events and was defiantly, just slightly healthier than yesterdays breakfast. Then after breakfast we drove the coast over in Ft. Myers Beach and stumbled upon The Red Coconut. It's a campground on the beach of the gulf coast that I have heard of many times. The sites are really close to each other and I would love to stay there when it's in their slow season.


This afternoon we will get private tours of the vintage trailers prior to them being open to the public tomorrow. Then this evening we have a pot luck dinner to go to at the settlement. Until then . . . safe travels to all!!!

Here's to pink flamingos, Airstreams & road trips!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 1, 2023 - HOME SWEET HOME

Finally home! What was supposed to be a seven hour drive became ten. We had a few stops along the way that added a little time.  But it the...