Wednesday, August 9, 2023

August 8, 2023 - PRIEST GULCH


Morning Temperatures:

Exterior: 39*

Interior: 46*

Elevation: 7,970’




Someone is tired from hanging out and acting like a local in the ski resort town of Telluride yesterday. Forgot to mention that the snowfall in Telluride was 267” for the 2022-2023 ski season making it one of their top 10 snow skiing seasons. And it was a colder than average winter for them. No wonder the snow plow markers are 8 to 10 feet tall here! 




Today was a travel day again. Before we left I took another picture of the vault. Better picture to show how beautiful this landscape is. I realized the picture I posted previously wasn’t the best. This is why I voted it the BEST!!! 




This could possibly be our shortest travel day of this trip. We packed up and drove to another favorite place. Just 38 miles south is another fantastic place we love to stay. The drive only took 43 minutes and we were checked in and all set up shortly after our arrival at Priest Gulch. We can re-supply here and take advantage of the full hook-ups! And fly fish again on the Dolores River!! 








Shortly after we arrived I took Jett for a walk. I think she remembers being here! As we returned to the Airstream a dog ran from out of nowhere and attacked Jett from behind. It was a crazy few seconds. Then it was bitting her side. It only took a few seconds for the owners to come and for Tim to fly out of the Airstream. And people wonder why I have concerns over off leash dogs. I do my part and follow rules. 






Jett is fine. I haven’t found any bites on her. Poor Jett just stood there. Didn’t do anything. Her look was like ‘where did you come from and why you gotta be like that’. It was our next door neighbors little Jack Russell. On our walk I saw the dog was on a leash and that no one was holding the leash or even paying attention to it. I think they do that all the time. The dog was watching us. Never did I expect that to happen. 




We spent the afternoon settling in. Hung the hummingbird feeder. Saw a few people we have met before. Jett even got to see a dog she had met before. Mace! A handsome German Shepherd on the other side of the river. And Mace’s mom gave Jett a super special treat!! 




We got one of our propane tanks filled here this afternoon. They will pick the tanks up. Fill them and return them to your site. They even put your charges on account here. We both got ice cream blizzard’s from the office. And walked the entire park before going in for the evening. 



Bedtime temperatures:

Exterior: 58*

Interior: 66*

No comments:

Post a Comment

D10 - 05/08/24 Part 2 - BONUS POST

And just like that two minutes after my first post today the sun came out …