Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SOUTH TO FORT DE SOTO . . .



On Memorial Day we hitched up the Airstream and headed south to Fort De Soto a Pinellas County Park. This park is our favorite place to camp locally. I know I say that all the time . Fort De Soto is located south of St Pete on the Gulf of Mexico at the entrance of Tampa Bay. It is a chain of five interconnected islands, or keys and hosts more than three million visitors per year. 


On our way south we stopped for more provisions. I took the photo above in Homosassa Springs and never knew a parking lot at Winn Dixie could look so good. Once back on the road our three hour trip had turned into three and a half hours. Upon our arrival a storm began to brew so we did not have opportunity to unload the kayaks or paddle board. I did have time to snap a few pictures and we sat inside the Airstream during the storm. I must say sitting inside the Airstream on a dark evening is quite nice and better than sitting at home in a storm any day!

      THE FORT DE SOTO CAMPGROUND IS ON THE LEFT BY THE SEAWALL ABOVE




No comments:

Post a Comment

D13 - 05/11/24 NORTHERN LIGHTS

What a busy day! My sister and I went to the Bozeman Farmers Market after she took care of her horses. Then I had some other shopping to do ...